Another beautiful, HOT summer week…another Tuesday Tidbits! While we did have a holiday thrown right into the middle (Happy Birthday, America!) we did not get any downtime this week. I wish I could tell you it was house projects that kept us busy, but alas…it was work. Good ol’ work. Trent actually had to be out of the country for work over July 4th and I had several client appointments that day. We aren’t whining – we know that our jobs afford us other luxuries at other times.
As I was looking at various photos on Instagram and Facebook this week, it appeared the entire country had an amazing 4th of July day/week/weekend. Obviously, we all know that things are not quite what they seem on social media. So, in the spirit of full disclosure below are some points/pics that I wouldn’t generally put on our blog. It’s not complaining….honest. It’s just making sure we don’t fall into the trap of only sharing the super great news! So here is our Truthful Tuesday Tidbits:
- We have sprayed inside and outside, filled every possible hole, never leave food out and STILL cannot get rid of the random ant. Thankfully, we don’t have a village of ants….just the random one. For whatever reason, this drives me to insanity. Do you have any tried and true fixes? The area pictured below seems to be their super highway. And in case you are thinking “boy, that seems like it would be tough to see an ant on those floors” …you would be CORRECT. I actually crawl around each morning looking for the one random ant.
2. Our amazing refrigerator/freezer (brand new) does not have a good seal on the freezer door. We have had the repairman out and called many times. No one knows exactly what to do with it and it is frustrating. It seals enough to NOT destroy our frozen food….but every time we open the freezer door water/ice chunks fall out. Here’s hoping THIS is the week it gets figured out.
3. I posted this pic of our foyer with a huge vase that has reeds sticking out of it. One of the readers commented about how those reeds would not last 3 minutes in her house with a cat. Rest assured, Niles is not a saint. We have so many decor items that we tuck away until right before I snap a photo or have company over. Because Niles would eat it/chew it/ destroy it.
4. Most of the pics I post are VERY strategically taken. Everything is in order and clean. While we both like order and that is how we generally live, it’s not quite that perfect. This would be more real.
5. Two years ago, I was painting the garage exterior and I posted this photo of my work.
But this was what it actually looked like when I was not strategically zoomed in. HUGE difference!
I promise, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Nothing is ever quite as perfect as the photo makes it look. There have been a handful of photos that I have posted where Trent has actually said, “where is this?” I’ll remind him it’s a corner of our home and he will respond with a laugh and something about how “it sure doesn’t look that good in person.” It’s true!
So that’s it for our Truthful Tuesday Tidbits (not that all the rest have been a lie….just a little more filtered). Thank you for following along and have a wonderful summer week!