The purchase is complete and we can finally share all the details of our newest project house (to be totally truthful, we aren’t sharing all the details…but we will share the fun ones)!
- The house is located in downtown Buchanan, Michigan.
- The house was originally the home of William Pears (there is a historical mill in Buchanan that he was a partial owner in).
- The age of the home is currently a question mark. Approximately 1855-1870. We should know more as we dig into this.
- The house is Italianate in style and is all brick (love!).
- The square footage is still being debated (3,200-4,000). We will definitely know the exact square footage when we are done.
- The house needs a LOT of work. New plumbing, new electrical, new HVAC, new roof, new gutters, new, new, new. However, the trim, doors and windows are in remarkable condition for the age. While they need to be restored, most are original and can be saved.
- This house will be our home. While Trent is busy checking structural items, how many amps we need, if the original 2×4’s are adequate, etc, I’m busy deciding where next year’s Christmas tree will go. You know! The important things.